Get Ready for your procedure in 5 easy steps! Following these guidelines will give you the best possible foundation for your colonoscopy or other GI procedure.
Step 1 - Understand Your Procedure
Step 2 - Understand Your Prep
Prepping for your procedure is the most important thing you can do to ensure great results. Follow your instructions completely! Here are the common types of bowel preps our doctors prescribe. Find the one your doctor has prescribed for you and download the information.
- Suprep for a morning procedure
- Suprep for an afternoon procedure
- Miralax, Gatorade, Ducolax
- Moviprep for a morning procedure
- Moviprep for an afternoon procedure
- NuLytely, Colyte, GoLYTELY, or TriLyte for a morning procedure
- NuLYTELY, Colyte, GoLYTELY, or TriLyte for an afternoon procedure
Step 3 - Know how to deal with problems that may arise during your prep!
- A Perfect Prep - includes helpful tips for dealing with problems that may arise
- Understanding your Prep
- Bowel Prep Explaination
Step 4: Understand Your Insurance
There are different types of colonoscopies and the orders coming from your referring physician can effect your insurance coverage. To avoid confusion, and surprise expenses, take a few minutes to learn the difference between a screening and a diagnositc colonoscopy. Read More Here.
Step 5: Watch Your Consent Video
Scheduled for a procedure? Choose the video to match your procedure and watch completely. You will be asked prior to your procedure to verify that you have watched your specific consent video.