A colonoscopy is an important test for your health. And the key to getting the most accurate results is completing a thorough preparation.
Today you have two choices in preparation
- The traditional oral prep is a burdensome process where your doctor recommends a restricted diet and laxative regimen of Miralax, Dulcolax, or a prescription laxative a day or two prior to your test. This preparation requires an entire day of staying near a bathroom prior to your test.
- HyGIeaCare: A fast and easy same-day process that’s more comfortable and delivers more accurate test results.
- Dietary restrictions for up to 2 days prior
- Drink a gallon of liquid laxative the day before
- Takes an entire day to work
- Lose a day of work at home in the bathroom
- Up to 20-25% of all colonoscopies report inadequate bowel prep, jeopardizing test results
- After breakfast the day before, drink only liquids
- Take a mild, over-the-counter laxative the day before
- Takes less than an hour
- Schedule same-day prep with your procedure.
- Consistent, thorough prep ensures the most accurate results