At Gi Associates, we are quite proud of our pediatric department. Our entire peds team is specially trained to help you through the, sometimes frightening, world of pediatric gastroenterology.
Why would you need an Pediatric Gastroenterologist? Your child's digestive tract is not just a miniature version of your own and your child can not describe to you, or the doctor, what they are feeling. It takes special equipment and special training to diagnose pediatric gastrointestinal illnesses. Some illnesses that we treat in children from birth through the teen years are:
- Food allergies and sensitivities - including lactose intolerance
- Chronic constipation
- Chronic or severe diarrhea
- Crohn's Disease
- Feeding Issues that result in failure to thrive
- Gas and bloating that does not resolve or is too frequent and results in chronic abdominal pain
- Sudden onset of abdomenal pain
Meet our pediatric team and request an appointment.