A Cologuard IS NOT an alternative to a colonoscopy!
Why gamble with your patient’s health?
We don’t believe you are the kind of doctor who prescribes a test that could miss 60% of cancer. Know all the facts about Cologuard before recommending it to your next patient.
- Cologuard misses 8% of all cancer
- Cologuard misses 58% of large precancerous polyps
- With Cologuard, the false positive rate (test coming back positive when everything is completely normal) is about 12%
- Almost 1 in 10 positive Cologuard tests will incorrectly identify cancer or polyps
- Cologuard uses the screening benefits. This means if a patient gets a positive Cologuard result, the following colonoscopy is considered a diagnostic test and at cost to the patient
Know the Facts
Myth: The prep is terrible.
Fact: Preparation options for a colonoscopy have improved significantly. It is as simple as drinking a 2 or 4-ounce solution OR our new, non-oral prep option, HyGIeaCare.
Myth: Colonoscopies are painful.
Fact: The procedure is relatively quick, painless and are performed under sedation. Recovery is quick and most patients don’t even remember their procedure.
Myth: Colonoscopies are too expensive.
Fact: The Affordable Care Act mandates that insurance cover 100% of the cost of a screening colonoscopy.