WARNING: A Cologuard IS NOT an alternative to a colonoscopy!
Why gamble with your patient’s health?
We don’t believe you are the kind of doctor who prescribes a test that could miss 60% of cancer. Know all the facts about Cologuard before recommending it to your next patient.
- Cologuard misses 8% of all cancer
- Cologuard misses 58% of large precancerous polyps
- With Cologuard, the false positive rate (test coming back positive when everything is completely normal) is about 12%
- Almost 1 in 10 positive Cologuard tests will incorrectly identify cancer or polyps
- Cologuard uses the screening benefits. This means if a patient gets a positive Cologuard result, the following colonoscopy is considered a diagnostic test and at cost to the patient